Top 10 Camping Spots in Lakewood Ranch
As the weather begins cooling down, camping is the perfect way to enjoy the outdoors with family and friends. If you live in the Lakewood Ranch region, there are great camping spots where you can get a quick break and enjoy nature. Even better, is that the Honda CR-V and Honda Pilot make perfect camping companions. Both have spacious trunk areas that can fit all the supplies you need like sleeping bags, tents, and more. If you are looking to camp in the region, here are our top 10 camping spots in Lakewood Ranch.
- Lake Manatee State Park– Enjoy the beautiful nature surrounding Lake Manatee through full-facility camping! The park is open 8 am to sundown and there is a $5 fee per vehicle.
- Rye Preserve– Experience old Florida at Rye Preserve! Camping is available on a first-come-first-serve basis and costs $20 per night per site. You must register at the Rangers Station from 3-7pm and you can only pay by check or cash!
- Prairie Primitive Campsite- This primitive campsite is located in the Myakka River State park and offers campers a chance to experience the beauty of Florida as it once was.
- Palmetto Ridge Campsite– This campsite is also located in Myakka River State Park. Campers pay $26 per night, plus tax, plus a non-refundable $6.70 reservation fee. Includes water and electricity.
- Mossy Oak Primitive Campsite– Another Myakka camping opportunity. Primitive camping costs $5 per person and $1 per youth.
- Turtle Beach Campground– This campground is one of Sarasota’s favorite beachfront campgrounds. The campsite features 39 RV and tent sites, all equipped with a full hookup and state-of-the-art utility pedestals, plus 20-amp (110v) electric. Learn more about rules and regulations here.
- Linger Lodge– If you are less into tent camping and would like to camp in a bit more style, this RV lodge is perfect! You pay a little bit extra to camp on the river, but it is definitely worth it!
- Pleasant Lake RV– Another great option for RV lovers, is Pleasant Lake RV. This campsite offers great amenities, including wifi, and even cabin rentals!
- Sun N Fun RV Resort– This all ages resort offers tons of amenities such as a huge waterslide, playground, and billiards tables!
- Horseshoe Cove RV Resort- This dog friendly park offers tons of amenities including hot tub/spa, fishing, a dog park, and more!
If you still need tips about where you can go to enjoy nature in the area, our Wilde Honda Sarasota staff are always willing to make suggestions! For more Wilde Honda Sarasota News and Events, follow us on Twitter or Like us on Facebook!