How to Use and Set the Cruise Control in the 2018 Honda Pilot
Wondering how to use and set the Cruise Control in the 2018 Honda Pilot? Our Wilde Honda Sarasota staff just helped you find the perfect 2018 Wilde Honda Pilot, but before you start driving around town, it is important that you understand how some of the basic technology features, like Cruise Control, work.
Why Would I Use the Cruise Control in the 2018 Honda Pilot?
Most of the time drivers use Cruise Control when driving long distances on highways or interstates. Generally, Cruise Control is used when speeds are higher and less traffic is present. The main purpose of Cruise Control is to allow for a steady driving speed to maximize fuel economy while also allowing the driver to move their foot to prevent ankle cramping.
How to Use and Set the Cruise Control in the 2018 Honda Pilot:
- Select the main button to turn cruise on
- A light will turn on in the dash to let you know its on
- Accelerate to the desired speed
- Take your foot off the gas
- Hit the -/Set button to set cruise control
How to Adjust the Cruise Control in the 2018 Honda Pilot:
- To accelerate press the Res/+ button
- To decelerate press the -/Set button
** Each time you hit up or down it will change the speed by 1mph!**
How to Use the Adaptive Cruise Control in the 2018 Honda Pilot:
** This feature cannot be used when the Snow, Mud, or Sand selections for the Intelligent Traction Management are in use**
- To adjust the vehicle following interval, first press the interval button.
- This will allow you to cycle through short (1.1 seconds), middle (1.5 seconds), long (2.1 seconds), and extra long intervals (2.8 seconds).
- To switch back to regular Cruise Control, press and hold the distance button. Press and hold again to switch back to ACC.
Show Me More:
You can hit the brake to turn off Cruise Control when driving. To turn it off on the vehicle, simply hit the cruise button again. For more detailed instructions, check out the owner’s manual online here. Now that you know how to use and set the Cruise Control in the 2018 Honda Pilot, you are ready to start driving your new Wilde Honda all around Sarasota, Bradenton, Lakewood Ranch, Osprey and Venice. If you still need some help, don’t worry! Call us today to set up an appointment with our staff. For more Wilde Honda Sarasota News and Events, follow us on Twitter or Like us on Facebook!